What Limits the Reproductive Success of Migratory Birds?
A Population Ecology Module
Created for upper level high school and undergraduate biology or ecology classes, this interactive module features Hubbard Brook avian research to investigate basic ecological principles relating to reproductive success of the Black-throated Blue Warbler. Text, images, video and data give students information on ecological concepts and provide descriptions of warbler biology, research methods and study results.
- Download Module (PDF), includes teacher notes, student readings, and assignments and assessments.
- Hawk predation video on YouTube
- Images_Hubbard-Brook.ppt slide show
- General Graph Instructions pdf
For high school classes:
Click on the link above to download the PDF of the entire module, which includes teacher notes, student readings, and assignments and assessments.
For college undergraduate classes:
- Click here to enter the original HTML version, as referenced in the American Biology Teacher, Vol. 73, No. 5, pages 285–287.
- Download the Data Analysis assignment and answer key (PDF)